Ten-wheeler No. 840, renumbered to 1253 in 1948, is shown at Yorktown Heights, New York on the NYC's Putnam Division in 1937. Originally numbered 2127 when erected by American Locomotive Company in 1907, she and her other F-12e sisters underwent a series of modifications during their careers including the application of Baker or (as above) Walschaert valve motion. The specifications of the F-12e class appear in the commentary for No. 1244. No. 1253 was retired at the end of 1951. This view by an unknown photographer was provided by Wayne Koch from his collection.