Main line freight workhorses of the New York Central System were the L-2 class of Mohawks, numbering 300 locomotives delivered by American Locomotive Company between 1925 and 1930. Seemingly bristling with raw power ready to be unleashed, class L-2a Mohawk No. 2716 pauses at Wesleyville, Pennsylvania (just east of Erie) in 1946. An ALCo product of 1926, No. 2716 was dropped from the NYC roster in 1953. William D. Volkmer provided the image, photographer unidentified.