K-14g Pacific No. 4380 backs along the reversing loop at Harmon, New York, around 1951. The loop allowed locomotives facing south to cross over the main line tracks in order to pick up northbound (timetable westbound) trains arriving from electrified territory. Built by American Locomotive Company's Schenectady works in 1913 as New York Central No. 3192 of class K-11f, this engine was rebuilt to class K-14f and sent to the Boston & Albany as its No. 580. In 1925 it was again rebuilt and reclassified K-14g. For the specifications of this class, see the commentary on Boston & Albany No. 586. With dieselization of the B&A in the late 1940s, its K-14g class locomotives were transferred to suburban service in the New York City area and renumbered in 1951 into the 4300s. After a few years in this role, No. 4380 was scrapped in 1953. This image comes from the collection of Wayne Koch.