Chicago's Englewood Station was a favorite location for railfan photography during the halcyon days of the Central's passenger service. Here, J-1d Hudson 5290 makes a brief mid-afternoon stop with one of the railroad's eastbound limiteds. The date of this photo, provided by Gary Thompson of Normal, Illinois, is sometime before the introduction of the gothic lettering in 1940. No. 5290 was withdrawn from service in 1953 and sold to the scrappers the following year.