In 1939, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of Britain made an extended visit to Canada. Both the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National prepared special locomotives to haul the royal train, each displaying the royal coat of arms plus a small crown on the skirting ahead of the cylinders. In the case of the CPR, this episode gave the name to its entire class of semi-streamlined 4-6-4s, the famous "Royal Hudsons." Less well known, because the name never caught on, is the "royal" streamlined 4-8-4 of the Canadian National. In this view from Elwin K. Heath we see No. 6400, first of the U-4-a class delivered in 1936, chosen to handle the special. She is shown near the Turcot Roundhouse at Montréal, having just arrived from the Pointe-St-Charles shops after complete overhauling, being prepared for her trial trip a few days before hauling the royal train.