Bessemer & Lake Erie EMD F7A 727 was delivered in 1953. This unit, and sister 728, were notable into the 1990s as the last EMD F-units operating in revenue service for their original owner. They held down a run on the B&LE's Western Allegheny branch, where David V. Leonard snapped this transparency at Kaylor, Pennsylvania on July 7, 1979. Occasionally leased to the Baltimore & Ohio and the Pennsylvania Railroad, these units wound up on the Southern Railroad of New Jersey, where 727 was repainted in a Rock Island scheme while 728 received the livery of the New York, Ontario & Western. Today both units are stored out of service at Winslow Junction, New Jersey.