The Illinois Central's Chicago-St. Louis Green Diamond streamliner was built in 1936 by Pullman-Standard, with electrical-mechanical components by Electro-Motive. It was the last articulated trainset to be built with the power unit integrated into the train; the locomotive carried number 121. In 1947 the IC's Paducah shops overhauled the train, and it then operated as the Miss Lou between Jackson, Mississippi and New Orleans, Louisiana. In 1950 it was retired and scrapped. This railroad publicity photo comes from the Gary Thompson collection.